I guess I should introduce myself a little more in detail.
My name is Michelle. I am a 21 year old stay at home mom. I work once or twice a week, sometimes none at all. Well, work as in punch in and out a time clock! My work at HOME is never done!!! Me being a stay at home mom will be coming to an end soon since we need more income to eventually get a place of our own.
I am married to Brandon [NO, my son is NOT a junior!!!]. We have more than enough ups and downs in our relationship. We met through a friend and the rest is history! We have been inseparable ever since! He is an extremely hard working man and I love that about him.
Baby B!, my favorite part of any story!!! Brandon Dominic Renard S. came into the world at 37w4d. I had an ultrasound the day he was born and it revealed that his cord was wrapped around his neck(THANK GOODNESS they did not tell me that at the time. I pass out easily...) He weighed 5 pounds, 10.1 ounces and was 19 inches long. Tiny thing!
I'll do my birth story on a different post.
He is still tiny. And there's a reason why. At about 7 months(I think!) we realized he was making a wheezing noise randomly, like gasping for air. He also would wake up choking in the middle of the night. We seen his pediatrician, pediatric ENT, and pediatric pulmonary specialist to figure out what was wrong.
We had a sleep study done to see how he sleeps. Came back that he has sleep apnea, he snores, and his REM sleeping was broken up into too many fragments. He had to have a bronchoscopy performed. He didn't even look back when they carried him to the O.R. :(
The dr who performed the bronch said that he has enlarged adenoids and it would be best to remove them. No one in Baton Rouge will do surgery on an infant. So we had to rent a car a couple of times to travel to New Orleans to meet with the dr & for surgery(we had to rent a car because mine is about to die & Brandon drives a motorcycle). So at 10 months old my sweet, innocent baby was operated on.
We have another sleep study scheduled for the middle of February to see if his sleeping has improved. I HATED the sleep study. Only ONE parent can be there with him and he HAS to sleep in the crib. We co-sleep!!! So needless to say, I slept in the crib WITH him and will probably have to do so again.
Other than that, I have a healthy, happy son! He lights up any room he is in and thinks he runs things! ;)
"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" Jeremiah 29:11




No comments:
Post a Comment