Sunday, January 22, 2012

My birth story(pretty long)

My birth story...

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 I had a doctor's appointment with Dr Sunshine Willett. At the appointment she told me I was 2-3 cm and she said I would be lucky to still be pregnant by the next week. Talk about scary. Dr. Willett scheduled one last ultrasound to see how big he would be and scheduled an appointment for right after the ultrasound. She scheduled it for Wednesday, February 2, 2011.

February 1st came and I could not sleep, at all. I was craving sooo many things. I remember I put a status on FaceBook that said I wanted donuts, a big Hershey bar, chocolate, etc. Probably the worst sleep I had since being pregnant.

7am on February 2,2011 came super fast, needless to say. I MADE my exhausted self get up & not be late to my appointment.

I seen my sweet baby on the ultrasound screen. He barely had enough room to move and it was hard to make out what I was looking at. My MawMaw was the only person who came with me to the appointment.

I went to my appointment. Dr Willett checked me. She said I was at 4-5 cm and that she was admitting me. HOLY CRAP! I was about to have a baby. I didn't have my hospital bag. Heck, I did not even finish packing it!

I told my MawMaw, who was in the waiting room, that I was being admitted. She screamed out "NO SHIT! You're kidding!". She is so funny! :)

I called my husband and he did not believe that I was being admitted. He thought I was kidding.

My water was broken around 12pm and started pitocen soon afterward. I held out as long as I could before I got the epidural because I am terrified of needles.

Around 4pm I finally got the epidural. I screamed bloody murder the whole time! That was seriously the worst part of my whole pregnancy, labor, and delivery.

I was moved into another room right after I got the epidural. I was still feeling contractions when we got into the other room so they gave me more epidural.

I was trying to go to sleep the whole time I was in the hospital but someone was always calling me, coming in the room, checking me, etc. Needless to say, I got absolutely no sleep.

Around 4:30pm my dr said I was 10cm and ready for me to push. Star Trek was playing on the television. I was pushing like my life depended on it.

I pushed with everything I had. My baby boy came into the world at 4:53pm. He was not breathing. I was screaming "WHY ISN'T HE CRYING????" They started rubbing his back, cleaning him up, and auctioning him. He finally started crying. My husband told me that the cord was wrapped around his neck three times and wrapped around his body once.

My sweet baby boy weighed 5lbs 10.1oz and was 19in long.

He has group b strep so he stayed in the hospital for a week while on antibiotics. He also had a slight touch of jaundice so they also put him under the lights for two days.

He was every bit of perfect and I was and still am every bit in love with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment